Vegan friendly meals have been trending for a while now and I have never really had the urge to try an vegan diet. I know myself well enough that I could never have the vegan lifestyle and that is totally fine with me.
However having 2 small kids I have been paying attention to my food intake because I want to be as healthy as possible. Not only to set an example but also to live my life the longest and enjoy my kids’ journey. Therefore I try to eat as many variations of vegetables as possible and cut back on the starch carbs like rice and pasta ( which I do eat a lot of! haha). So today I decided to share one of my recipes, a recipe with couliflour.
For the Sauce:
- ½ cup gochujang
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
For the Couliflour:
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite-size florets
- Sesame seeds
- For the sauce: In a medium pot, stir together the gochujang, soy sauce and honey. Heat the sauce over low heat until it barely simmers. Keep warm.
- For the couliflour popcorn: Pour 2 to 3 inches of oil into a large sauté pan. Heat the oil over medium-high heat until it shimmers on the surface and reads about 350°F on a thermometer. (Or you can test the oil with a piece of cauliflower: If it bubbles and stays at the surface after you drop it in the oil, then you’re good to go.)
- Line a baking sheet with a few layers of paper towels. Whisk the eggs in a large, shallow bowl.
- In another large, shallow bowl, whisk the flour with the salt, black pepper and cayenne.
- Working with a few pieces at a time, dip the cauliflower florets into the egg until they are well coated. Then dip them into the flour mixture and toss well to coat. Repeat with the remaining cauliflower.
- Working in batches, fry the cauliflower until the pieces are evenly golden brown, 6 to 9 minutes. Remove the cauliflower with a slotted spoon and drain on the prepared paper-towel-lined baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, toss the cauliflower with the sauce and toss until well coated. Serve immediately, garnished with sesame seeds
Let me know if you tried this recipe and if you enjoyed it as much as I do 🙂